Physicochemical characterization of proteins
The IBCP has expertises and equipments in the field of biophysics. They allow physicochemical characterization of proteins and measurements of interactions.
Coordinator : Roland Montserret - tel : 33 4 72 72 26 48 - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circular dichroism (Chirascan, Applied Photophysics Ltd.) is a technic providing information on the secondary structure and the general folding of a protein in solution. Contact Roland Montserret.
- MALLS (Multi Angle Laser Light Scattering, Wyatt Technology Corp.) coupled with a size exclusion chromatography (SEC) that separates proteins according to their size. It provides access to the molecular weight of species and gives an idea of the homogeneity of a peak (polydispersity, aggregates ...). Contact : Laurent Terradot tel : 33 4 72 72 26 52 Email Laurent.email@example.com
- Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC 200 MicroCal) is a calorimetric technic for measuring interactions by titration in solution. It gives access to the affinity constant as well as the stoichiometry, enthalpy and entropy of interactions. Contact : Roland Montserret.
- Fluorescence (InfiniteM1000 Tecan Group Ltd.), the microplate reader to measure the fluorescence ... (structural characterization and interactions with fluorophores). Contact Eve Pecheur tel : 33 4 72 72 26 44, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR, Bruker Avance 500 MHz)is a technic to get a rapid idea of the quality of sample and of the folding of a protein in solution before getting to a heavy structural study. It allows also the measurement of protein-ligand interactions when the protein is labelled N15. Contact Roland Montserret.